Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Weakness.

2nd Corinthians 12:9 - But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

I've realized lately it's a whole lot easier to come up with a list of weaknesses than strengths but it's also very hard to admit weakness. I don't like being weak and I don't like when others see me as weak. But you know what? I'm weak. We're all weak in one area or another but you know what else? It's okay! No one's perfect.

Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

I can't even begin to imagine Christ's power. The maker of earth, the creator of all things, Jesus Christ's power is made perfect in my weakness.

1 Corinthians 1:25 - ...and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.

1 comment:

texasnascar said...

I really never thought about boasting about your weakness. Your right we do not want admit our weakness. Every one of us do have a weakness. You brought up a great topic. I really enjoyed reading it.