This morning I was on my way to work, and I needed a pick-me-up and every station was playing slow Christmas music. Don't get me wrong, I love any kind of Christmas music, but this morning I was really tired and slow Christmas music was not going to cut it for me.
(There is a point to this story. I promise.)
So I settled on Kidd Kraddick. Kidd Kraddick is usually really funny so I figured, what better way to spend my tired 45 minutes of driving than to laugh? Kidd Kraddick is on Kiss FM, and they do this thing every year called the "Kissmas" wish. (Clever, huh?) So this morning Kidd Kraddick (I can't say his first name without saying his last) was reading an e-mail he recieved from a man with a heart defect and was given 6 months to live.
I. Was. Bawling. The man said everything so perfectly. He said he's never been sick or needed medicine or anything and now he's spending up to $400 a month to keep himself alive. How he can be mad at God but that won't help anything, only make it worse, and it won't hurt anyone but himself. How he's spending more time with people he loves, he's doing little things like opening the doors for ladies, helping out whenever he can and noticing the simple things like birds chirping. And his closing statement was - Don't blink.
Don't blink. Amazing. Here am I, a stupid girl that is worried about petty things that will be fixed within a matter of weeks and here's this young man that's dying. That's positive about dying. That's not afraid to die. That's confident that dying won't be the end, it'll be a perfect healing. It's just a slap in the face for me, at least. God has a plan for everyone. Whether you live 25 years, 1 year, or 100 years. God will protect all of us and not give us more than we can handle. It's just amazing.
Everytime I want to write about something (and actually do) I always feel like I'm rambling. I guess it sounds better in my head...
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is things like that that help us adjust our perspective and see everything eternally. And suddenly....the "big things" in our day just aren't so big anymore.
Post a Comment