Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Peace...

Matthew 11:28-30: Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

I've been trying to find a verse that describes how I feel about the Virginia Tech shooting. I've found a lot of good verses, but this one stands out. I've never been able to put myself in another person's place before, but I really could for this. This verse to me, speaks peace. No matter what happens, God just wants us to be near Him. God is in control through everything. When we're sad, angry, frustrated, dissapointed.... everything. Even though this whole situation is very sad, it's nice to know that God wants to help us and wants us to come to Him and rest. To come to Him and be still and know that He is God.

Here's a song....

When I cannot feel, when my wounds don't heal
Lord I humbly kneel, hidden in You Lord,
You are my life so I don't mind to die
Just as long as I am hidden in You
If I could just sit with You a while, if You could just hold me
Nothing could touch me though I'm wounded, though I die
If I could just sit with You a while, I need You to hold me
Moment by moment, 'till forever passes by

2 comments:

Paulette said...

Beautifully said. I too am contemplating and trying to wrap my mind around such a senseless act. We can't really but God can give us a peace that passes all our understanding.

I pray for all those parents tonight who no longer have there children.

I am a Blessed mom, I love you.
Mommy

Whitney said...

Nicely said! It is so hard to wrap our minds around! Thank God that HE is in control of everything!